RURAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- The consumers served by NREA utility members are friends, family, and neighbors of their elected representatives, utility management, and employees. NREA utility members subscribe to the NRECA purpose:
To power communities and empower owner-members to improve the quality of lives.
- In addition to providing electricity and advocating conservation and energy efficiency, some NREA member utilities also provide water, sewer, natural gas, electrician services, telecommunications and Internet service to enhance the economic viability of communities in rural Nevada.
RESPONSIBLE COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
- NREA utility members make generous contributions to the civic organizations and schools in the communities they serve.
- In addition to donations, sponsorships, and advertising, some NREA utility members have also created non-profit foundations, which use voluntary donations from their consumers to fund scholarships and projects like swimming pools, playground equipment, cemetery fences and firefighting and rescue equipment, among others.
- NREA member utility employees follow that example by coaching youth sports, supporting community organizations and by serving on city councils and school boards.